Thursday, February 24, 2011

When God Whispers...Or Hits you Upside the Head with a 2x4!

Ever have one of those moments when you know God is speaking to you? Like when you are sitting in a church service and you just know that someone told the pastor what was going on in your world so he customized the entire sermon just for you? A little over a week ago I had one of those experiences. For the greater part of a year now, Joe and I have been walking though an interesting journey. And as we walk and wonder what God has planned for us, we are often left feeling like God is being silent and more than anything we just want to hear from Him or have our prayers answered...or both...wink wink! As we have been walking in faith we have experienced many emotions, joy, sadness, anxiousness, fear, excitement, anger and hope. I find myself talking to the Lord and in prayer constantly about all of these feelings and wondering what in the world he has planned for us.

As I mentioned back in January, I am leading a woman's bible study at my church this spring called The Organic God. One of the topic of discussion this past week was about when God is silent with us and when he speaks to us. After studying the chapters, at the beginning of class I asked for prayer that I would be able to hear God as we are on an interesting faith journey at the moment. After prayer we had discussion time and it was wonderful. Right as we were about to leave, one of the women in my group said she had to share something that had just popped into her head. She said she wasn't sure why she was sharing it, but felt like she needed to share a certain scripture. She picked up her bible and began to read Ephesians 3:20-21 ...

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen

As the words poured from her lips it was like I was being hit upside the head with a 2x4! BAM!!! I knew that she shared that passage for me, not even knowing what I was walking through. Even more amazing she went on to share a story about this verse in her own life and wouldn't you know it, the story she shared was the EXACT thing that we are walking through right now! I couldn't help it, tears upon tears began to pour out of my eyes. Here I was asking to hear from God and the woman directly across the table from me spoke scripture right to me. Gods words to my ears and to my heart! God is so good! I have since claimed this verse as we continue to wonder and pray for what God is doing with the Corbett's. The one thing we do know is that whatever it is, it is going to be so much more than we could ever ask for or imagine, and that makes me so excited! Praise the Lord!

My prayer for those of you who may be eager to hear Gods voice in their life right now, is that you continue to pray and talk to the Father, and also that you would read His word. Most of all I would say get ready because he may just whisper in your ear....or He may hit you upside the head with a 2x4!

No comments:

Post a Comment