Saturday, February 5, 2011

What's a Roof Rake?!

Due to all of the snow here in CT many roofs are starting to cave in and leak!  Not good!  So we made the decision to head up top to get some of the snow off of the house today......I should say that Joe headed up, I was his trusted assistant and photographer on the ground! Most commonly used is a "Roof Rake" to remove snow from the tops of homes, as you can imagine they are sold out EVERYWHERE up here, which left Joe to make his own! Check out these pics I took of Joe hard at work making sure our house stays safe! 


Joe's home made roof rake...pretty cool huh?

Joe headed up the ladder!
 
Please note the 12 inches or so of ice in the gutters!  There was about another 24 inches of snow of top of that!

Joe hard at work on top of the house!

Not the best pic of me.....but this icicle was taller than me when it came off the house!
 
Check out this icicle!  It was longer, but some of it broke off while taking pics!

2 comments: