Monday, January 3, 2011

Hello 2011!

Happy New Year!!  I can't believe that it is actually January and that there is snow on the ground! Yikes!
I feel like 2010 flew by and with the beginning of a new year comes a time to reflect on the past year and look forward to what the year ahead may bring.  2010 was an interesting year for the Corbett's we definitely had our highs and our lows this past year, but the one thing that was consistent for the Corbett's was that we were able to see God at work in our lives and see His constant provision for us. 
He has again and again shown his provision in a number of different ways to us this past year as we have at times walked a hard faith journey. I know that the Lord is teaching me so much right now about his plan for Joe and I, and while I don't always understand it and while I might not always like it, I know that God is good and His plans are perfect for us. I am determined to reflect on this truth as we enter we enter 2011 and I am looking forward to seeing what plans that the Lord does have in store for the Corbett's.  I will do my best to keep you updated on here about what is going on in our lives and where the Lord is leading us! Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ave!

    You perfectly summed up 2010 for the Phillips as well. Hang in there and keep the faith! Sorry we missed your visit to Winston last week. Let me know when you're coming next time and I will definitely clear my calendar.

    Love you!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and in the words of my favorite song:

    "Be strong in the Lord and,
    Never give up hope,
    You're going to do great things,
    I already know,
    God's got His hand on you so,
    Don't live life in fear,
    Forgive and forget,
    But don't forget why you're here,
    Take your time and pray,
    These are the words I would say"

    ReplyDelete