Thursday, January 27, 2011

Breaking Records!

 We have had record snow fall here in CT!  First with the storm that hit a little over two weeks ago with a record breaking 30" at one time!  The second record was broken just this morning....the snowiest month EVER on record for the state of CT!  Yes that is right!  Last night we received another 20" of snow!  And that does not include all of the other little storms we have had over the past several weeks!   It is literally like nothing I have ever seen before in my life...there is so much snow that they are running out of places to put it!  Even the CT river has frozen over in several places...now that is cold! I have managed to take a few pics of the snow that is closing in on us from every direction...take a look and let me know what you think!

Anyone up for a cook out?!  This is the grill...it used to have a cover on it but it was blown off during one of the storms and is now buried in the back yard somewhere! The snow comes up to the actual grill and you can't even see the propane tank anymore!  CRAZY!

Our back door this AM!

The snow was up past Joe's knees as he was trying to snow blow the drive way!

Front door when I opened it this am!  Do you see the stairs?  I don't!  And the 12" snow drift against the door is nice too!  This is the before......

And this is the after! It is hard to tell in this pic...but the snow banks on the sides of the stairs come up to my waist or higher!

2 comments:

  1. You know I'm jealous, right? I can't really complain...we've had a great ski season down here so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY WORD. Girl, better you than me. Seriously. Bless your heart!

    ReplyDelete