Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Choosing to See

Choosing to See: A Journey of Struggle and Hope [Book]



I recently read the book "Choosing to See" by Mary Beth Chapman and I have to say that I really enjoyed myself.  Mary Beth is the wife of Stephen Curtis Chapman and the book is simply the story of her life. I found the book very refreshing as it was very open and vulnerable as she shares not only her joys but also her struggles.  It was wonderful to read the testimony of someone who isn't afraid to share all of the hard stuff.  She speaks openly about her struggles with depression, the joys of motherhood and adoption as well as the sadness and struggles that came with losing their five year old daughter a few years ago. I would encourage anyone to read this book as I think that anyone can relate to her on some level as she shares her faith journey. 
As we are all walking our own faith journey filled with joys and sorrows it is nice to know that we are not alone in experiencing these moments along the way.  Choosing to See is a  reminded that we can go through these moments holding tight to our creator and the truth of his word.



No comments:

Post a Comment