Tuesday, October 5, 2010

What if.....?

"And i pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together will all the saints to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God." Ephesians 3 :17b-18

Did you ever stop and think just about how much God loves us? While I realize this may sound very narcissistic to sit around think about how much we are loved, that is not what I am getting at. I am sure we have all met someone who gets on our nerves because all they do is sit around and think about how much they are loved by others. But this is different, this is Gods love!

What if we stopped to think about how much God loves us everyday?!

That was one of the question that was brought up at the Bible study that I am leading this fall. What if I really stopped everyday to ponder Gods love for me...what would that look like in my life? Would I study His word more? Would I talk to him more? Would I loves others better? What would that look like?

It sounds like such a simple questions. God's love is something that if most of us are honest, we take for granted allot of the time. The truth is, I don't sit around thinking about how much I am loved by God. While it seems strange to ponder how much someone loves us it is certainly necessary in all of our relationships. When I think about how much my parents love me, I am driven to make them proud or to show them my love for them. When I think about how much my husband loves me, I am compelled to show him my love for him in return and be the wife God has called me to be. This same principle is especially true of our relationship with God. It is when I loose sight of how much God truly loves me, I am not really able to show Him my love in return. I don't talk to Him as often and I don't read his word like I should, and I definitely don't treat others with love either. I know that we will never ever ever be about to comprehend His love for us, just how high and deep and wide and long that love is, but I do know that if I really made it part of my daily life and really thought about how much God loves me, I think....make that I KNOW that my life would look much different.

So that's it, that's my question...What if you really thought about how much God loved you everyday? What would your life look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment