Monday, October 11, 2010

Under Construction and Best Friends!

Just in case some of you were wondering.......you may see some different designs on our blog over the next little while.  This is because we are trying to spruce things up for your viewing pleasure, and when I say we I mean my best friend Heather is taking care of me on this one! I seem to lack the skills that it takes to make it look amazing so I have called in an expert to get us looking ship-shape!  Many of you my know my BF Heather Bryan, formerly know as Heather Tittle, she is amazing, loves the Lord, beautiful, tons of fun, and so stinkin funny!  She is truly a blessing to me and only God could have put the two of us together...let me tell you the story of just how we became true best friends.....

Heather and I had both decided to pledge Sigma Alpha Omega sorority fall of 2000 at App. State where we were at school. While we were in the same pledge class I didn't really get to know her until the weekend of our pledge retreat/ initiation.  What you must know about this retreat is that it was top secret.  We didn't even know where we were.  The older sisters "kidnapped" us with blindfolds and took us off for a weekend of sisterhood at a very nice home outside of Boone.  In fact most of the sisters didn't really know where it was either.  It was shortly after our initiation that we decided to have a movie night before we all turned in.  We all lined up our sleeping bags in the basement of the weekend get away home we were at and hit play on some super girly movie!  About 20 min into the movie the phone at the home rang.(mind you this was before cell we all had cell phones.....crazy right!?)  One of the older sisters answered the phone and on the other line a male voice answered her back and asked her  if all of the ladies we were enjoying out movie?!  How freaky!  It was soon after that, that we heard footsteps out side of the house running along the wrap around porch and knocking on windows. It was right out of a scary movie! 

Well as you can imagine 40 some odd girls began screaming and crying and having panic attacks etc!  How did anyone know where we were? Was someone really going to get us?  These two questions never really seemed to bother Heather or myself.  The two of us by chance ended up laying next to each other. As girls on either side of us were shaking and crying Heather and I rolled over and faced one another and started to giggle.  There we were 38 girls crying and Heather and I laughing!  I laughed even harder when Heather look at me and said "Well Avery...what ever this is, all I can say is that I sure am glad I ate that second bowl of ice cream!"  I laughed so hard that one of the older sisters had to hush me and that I needed to be sensitive to the others who were upset.  For some reason Heather and I both knew it had to be a prank and we both love a good prank! In fact I have tons of stories about the two of us an pranks too...but I will save those stories for another day!  As it turns out we were right and it was just two of the boys from Campus Crusade who knew allot of the girls.  They knew went out driving around a few on the Mt's outside of school in hope of finding where we were,,,,and they got lucky and found the house with all of your cars outside of it. It was too good to be true and so they just had to pull a prank!  After finding the phone number to the house via 411....the prank began and ended just after the police showed up! What can I say, Heather and I thought it was funny but the other girls were scared and called 911. Yikes!

What you must know is that ever since that night back in 2000 Heather and I have been the best of friends.  We went on to live with each other in summer school one year at App, live together in seminary for two years and were eventually in one another weddings! What a Joy it has been to have her in my life and I am just so thankful for her.  She is truly a gift from God!!

Above: Heathers wedding in Oct 2006 f
Below:  A pic of Heather and I at our Wedding in March 2007


1 comment:

  1. Awwww, Avery!! You made my eyes all tingly!!! I love you so much!! And I am the BIGGEST fan of our friendship!! :) Love you tons, BFF :)

    ReplyDelete