Thursday, October 21, 2010

Potato Peel Pie!

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society [Book]
I recently finished a book for the book club I am a part of at my church.  We tend to read NY times best sellers and I have really enjoyed being apart of this group.  The book that we have just read is called The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, by Mary Ann Shaffer.  This book was a good read and very different that many books that I have read. It is told entirely through letters. Juliet Ashton the main character receives a letter from a stranger, a founding member of the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. And so begins the tale of the island of Guernsey during the German occupation, and of a society as extraordinary as its name!  This book has a little bit of everything, history, romance, humor and literature! If you are looking for something fun and a bit different to read I say you should give a read!  I hope you enjoy!
PS: At the end of the book club meeting we made a potato peel pie just to try. While I reccomend the book, I do not recommend the pie!  It was not good at all! Kinda tastes like paste! I do have the recipe should you feel the need to try it out yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment