Saturday, October 2, 2010

Barkley

I know that I had mentioned a few blogs ago about our dog Barkley passing away. I just wanted to share a few pics and share a few words about our Bark. Sr. Charles Barkley the Dog came to live with Joe 11 years ago at the age of two after a good friend just couldn't care for him with her two small children. They were a match made in heaven and Barkley loved Joe more than anything! He followed Joe everywhere and had to be next to him at all times. He was sweet and obedient (for the most part) and was the joy of many stories around our house. We loved talking in our best "Barkley voice" and give commentary on what he may be thinking at times and we loved horsing around with him on the floor and listening to his funny sounds (that was mostly Joe). I loved that I had a built in garbage disposal since we don't have one in our sink and that my floors never had a crumb on them! He pre-washed every dish clean as could be and always helped me clean out the fridge every Saturday! He was such a good boy! He brought so much joy to our house despite the massive amounts of dog hair that he left behind. Bark kept me company many nights when I first moved here and was always very protective of both Joe and I. Since loosing Barkley the house seems just a little bigger, a little more empty and allot quieter and it has taken some getting used to. We loved Barkley very much and we are so grateful that God gave a such a wonderful dog to love and who truly loved us back! We will always remember our Barkley with joy in our hearts and thank the Lord for the time we had with him. Our Christmas card just won't be the same this year ....we will always miss Mr. Barkley! Here are some of our favorite pics of the B-man! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment