Saturday, July 24, 2010

Some like it hot!

Just thought I would post one of the Corbett's new favorite recipes. It is actually a weight watchers recipes for 1 point chili. It is so good and so good for you! It makes a huge batch and we love to eat on it for days. I often freeze it and take it to work for lunch too, its just that good!

Some like it hot, like Joe who loves it it really spicy. Me not so much but feel free to add as much or as little spice as you would like. I have listed the recipe below with the modifications that I usually do when I am cooking it up! Happy eating!

1 Point Chili

1lb. of lean ground turkey
2 -Medium zucchini
2 -Medium squash
1 -Green pepper
1- Onion
1 -Red pepper ( I just use two green)
4 -Stalks of celery
2 -Cans of black beans
2 -14 oz cans of fat free beef broth (I use chicken....it tastes great)
2 -32 oz cans of stewed tomatoes ( I like to use 1 can of crushed and 1 can of stewed)
1 -Packet of chili seasoning ( I like to use two)

Cook ground turkey all the way through. Cut all veggies into bite size pieces and then put everything together in a large pot and let it stew for about an hour or until all veggies are tender. The longer you let it stew the better it gets. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment