Saturday, July 17, 2010

Summer Reading

As everyone knows I am not the best reader and writer. I struggled for years as a child with the two subjects and only now as an adult have learned to enjoy reading as a pleasure activity. This summer I have read a few books but one stands out in particular. The women's ministry at my church does a book club/discussion four times a year and they try to pick books that are New York Times best sellers. This summers book was called "Left to Tell: Discovering God Amidst the Rwandan Holocaust." By Immaculee' Ilibagiza. It was a powerful book that both Joe and I read. I would encourage anyone to read this book. It is amazing to see how God works in this young woman's life and protects her from those who are trying to kill her. She spends 91 days in a tiny bathroom with 7 other women while they were being hunted during the 1994 genocide where over 1 million Tutsi men, women and children were killed. This is a powerful book and I hope that many of you take my advice and read this story. It was an amazing and powerful experience, God definitely used this story to remind me that I need to live in His truth and hide his word in my heart, not to mention a powerful reminder on the power of prayer. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment