Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Sweet and Saucy

Last night I made one of the Corbett favorites for dinner and I thought that I would share the recipe as it was so good!  I got this recipe from the Pampered Chef cooking light cook book and we just love it!   They are sweet and saucy turkey meatballs!

1lb of 97% fat free turkey
1 egg white
1/4 bread crumbs
1/4 of an onion chopped up
1 tbs of dried thyme
1 pressed garlic clove (I use a little extra and chopped it!)

Combine these ingredients and then make your meatballs and place them on a baking sheet in the oven at 400 for 15 min.

In a separate bowl make your sauce by combining:

1 can of cranberry sauce
1/4 cup of orange marmalade
1/4 cup of ketchup
2 tbs of brown sugar
1 tbs of worcestershire sauce

 After the meatballs have cooked  15 min you pour the sauce that you have made on top of them and then cook for another 15 min.  I recommend putting foil on your pan so you don't ruin it!  Once you pull them out,,,,enjoy!  I always make a double batch as they are amazing and can be frozen for later use!  I have also placed them in crock pot with the extra sauce after I have baked them to keep them warm and then served them at a party we had....they were so good, we ran out!  The best part is, is that they are healthy! No guilt eating these!  Enjoy

(4 meatballs): Calories 170 (19% from fat), Total Fat 3.5 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Carbohydrate 23 g, Protein 12 g, Sodium 340 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

No comments:

Post a Comment