Friday, September 23, 2011

Photo Friday: Commemorating 9/11


 A few weeks ago we celebrated the 10th anniversary of 9/11.  It is so crazy to me that it was so long ago.  I can still remember where I was when I all the events unfolded that day. To commemorate the events of that day there was one event that stood out to me. It probably stood out to me because my brother Bill created the entire event.  He created it for UNCW students to have a way to show there respect, appreciation and remembrance of that day.

On the afternoon of Friday, Sept. 9, more than 1,500 University of North Carolina Wilmington students, faculty and staff came together in formation to represent the twin towers and the pentagon in commemoration of the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 tragedy. The unique event was created and organized by Bill Hawks. Each member of the UNC Wilmington family held up the name of a victim of the terrorist attacks in honor of all of those who lost their lives, and the first responders and veterans who continue to serve the United States. 
I am so proud of my little brother, who isn't so little anymore.  He did such a great job at creating an event that meant so much to so many. 

  I have also attached a video of how the students came in....it is very cool!  Check it out!




No comments:

Post a Comment