Sunday, May 2, 2010

Road Trip......

Since moving to CT 3 years ago, I have had the pleasure of truly learning and perfecting the art of the Road Trip. Living 14 hours away from family is kind of a pain when you really want to see them so... sometimes you just have to hop in the car and drive! Trust me I prefer to fly, but Joe hates, hates, hates it and to be honest its just so expensive for both of us to fly back whenever we want. So we have had the joy of mastering the adventure of the road trip! Why share this with you? Well Joe and I are heading out on another road trip soon we are heading to NC! I am packing my bags, which always includes the bag of fun to keep Joe and I entertained for 14 hours on the road! We love to play the licence plate game (one I often played as a child with my family), rock out to some Hootie and the Blowfish (yes we love us some Hootie- don't knock it!) we love to talk and laugh, listen to books on tape and of course we pack lots of yummy snacks to get us down the road! Life has been kind of crazy for Joe and I the past few months, so we are grateful to the Lord for to some quality time together as we hit the road! We always cherish our time together in the car, at least for 13 and 1/2 of the 14 hours. That last 1/2 hour we are always ready to get out of the car and be there! We love that we have the opportunity for some terrific time to re-connect. I look forward to posting lots of pics from our trip so stay tuned for the adventures of Joe and Ave on the road!

1 comment: