Monday, May 10, 2010

My Baby Brother is a Graduate!


When I was a little girl I remember praying and praying that my mom would give my sister and I a baby brother. We literally said it every night as part of our bed time prayers! I remember being so thrilled when mom and dad told us that mom was going to have a baby and my dad even made a deal with me that if it was a boy I could get my ears pierced. Well on October 24, 1988 I got my ears pierced on the way to the hospital to meet my baby brother William Christopher Hawks ....who goes by Billy. It was such an amazing day not just because I got my ears pierced but because God had answered my prayers and given me a baby brother who I love more than anything!

This past weekend Joe and I traveled to Wilmington, NC to celebrate something amazing...my baby brother/grown man graduating college! It was so wonderful to see lots of family and enjoy to beautiful beach, but the highlight of the weekend was watching Bill walk across the stage at 2:00 on Friday afternoon. Not only did he graduate in three years but did it with a great GPA and also earned a distinguished service award that only a handful of students received from UNCW. My brother has grown so much over the past three years. He often worked 2,3 and even 4 jobs in addition to an internship, and full time school. He has done so much work for UNCW as an orientation leader that they placed him charge of the entire thing. He is well respected by his peers as well as the academic professors and school leaders. He has become very involved with his local church in Wilmington and is growing leaps and bounds in his walk with the Lord.
I am so proud of my little brother. He has become such a good friend to me over the years and I am so thankful that the Lord answered my prayers 22 years ago. I am so thrilled to see what the Lord has in store for this next part of his life. Congratulations Bill, I love you so much and I am so thankful to have you in my life......you are the best little brother that a girl could have ever asked for....and trust me I asked for you.....a lot!! Job well done!
Bill with Mom after ceremony!

Meredith, Joe and I with the New Grad!

This is bill walking across and getting his diploma! Hard to hear since we are all screaming! He has on the teal shirt as he walks down the isle! Sorry I took the video sideways! oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment