Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Chickens in my Yard!

Last week at the Corbett's we had a first happen....I was inside the house cleaning away and Joe was outside working on raking up leaves...he came inside and told me to come out because he had something to show me and  I wasn't going to believe it.  Well he was right, I walked out the front door and walked around to the side of the house, and there in our side yard were about 7 chickens just hanging out!  It was so funny!  They were pretty friendly and let us throw feed out to them.  They would come right up to us, it was sooooo crazy!  They ended up staying all day and then as the sun was setting they headed home I guess, because we haven't seen them since.   Of course being the picture nut that I am ran inside and grabbed the camera and took a few pics! I have to say that chickens in my yard is a first for me and this was probably the closest I had ever been to one that wasn't one my plate for dinner!  Here are some cool pics that I took!


Here is a little video action of our visitors!

1 comment:

  1. Ave, do you think that the reason these guys ran home and NEVER returned would be due to the fact that you mentioned yummy, dinner, grocery prices going up, etc. just once too many times??? hahahaha so cool! You guys should be getting a flock of your own ~ Just don't bring up the dinner aspect in front of them! HAHAHAHAHA TOO CUTE~!

    ReplyDelete