Monday, April 5, 2010

You're never too old for the Easter Bunny!

For Easter Sunday Joe and I headed to our adopted families home. Yes its true, Joe and I have been adopted! Skip and Lou Ann Brannen are permanent fixtures in our life and we couldn't be happier about it! They are two of the most wonderful people we know and we are so happy to have them in our life. Joe and I and spend just about every Holiday at there house and always have such a fun time! They have two sons Kevin and Jason who are two of Joe's best friends and they also have a daughter Erica who I always enjoy spending time with. She has become like a sister to me in many ways! We always feel like we are at home when we are at their house. Lou Ann is an amazing cook and always pulls out all of the stops and Easter was no exception. Everything from the table setting to the LARGE amount of food that covered the table was perfect. We had a wonderful Easter dinner and dined on Kielbasa, scalloped potatoes, ham, asparagus, porgies, and hot rolls. (So much food we always get a to go box when we leave!) Dessert was more of the same, cake, Easter cup cakes, chocolate coconut cake (made by Erica) and a three layer mouse! And of course there was candy! As many of you know I LOVE candy! Lou Ann always has an Easter bag filled with gifts and candy for us. I love that she clearly believes that you are never too old for the Easter bunny! Joe and I are so blessed to have so many wonderful people in our life to love and care for us! We thank the Lord for each and everyone of them. I have attached some pictures of our adopted family so you can meet them!
Please Meet Skip and Lou Ann Brannon. Our Adoptive Family!

This is Erica and her husband Scott. Joe and I love talking with the two of them!

The Beautiful Easter Table Setting. Complete with little bunny salt and pepper shakers!





No comments:

Post a Comment