Friday, January 27, 2012

Showered with Love!

First let me say that I am so blessed to have such great friends and family.  Second let me tell you that these friends and family have shown Joe, Baby C and I such love over the past several months. Back around Thanksgiving Joe and I headed south to spend the holiday with my family. While we were there I was blessed by not just 1 shower, but 2!  It was such a blessing for me to be able to celebrate this moment in our lives with my close friends and family who live so far away.  They have all been so faithful to pray for us and to pray for this child long before Baby C was ever in existence.
The first shower was given by my good friends Reesse Overturf, Tonya Alexander, Meredith Beeker and my sister Ashley Morgan.  It was in Charlotte and so many of my close friends from college, and from grad school were able to make the trip to come and celebrate with me.  There shower was beautiful, the food was amazing and the cake was so cute!  We received such wonderful gifts for baby C that I know we will get great use out of.
The second shower that was given to us was a shower with just my family the day after Thanksgiving.  It was given by my sister (she was a very busy girl that week!) and I was able to celebrate with my mom, dad, brother, aunts, uncles and cousins and grandparents.  It was such a sweet time as I do not get spend time with them often since they live all over the country. We received some wonderful gifts for baby C including a cross stitched poem that my mom made for the nursery.  Poem hung our nursery when we were kids. When my sister had my nephew Fletcher 2 years ago it was passed to her to hang in her nursery.  My mom was so sweet and made a second copy of the poem so that we could both have one. It is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen and I cried the second I opened it. It was such an amazing surprise. 
I have attached a few pics from the showers and I hope you can see how much fun we had celebrating Baby C who will be here before we know it!

Shower 1
 ( can't seem to find the rest of the pics from this shower....will have to post more later ....but here are two for ya!)

Me with my AMAZING hostesses!

My App State Girls!


 Shower 2 with the family!


My brother Bill, Grandma Joy, Jordan (bills girlfriend) and me

My face as I opened the poem my mom made

My Aunt Sue and I

Cute clothes I got from Lisa and Kourtney

The yummy spread my sister put on!




No comments:

Post a Comment