Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Lets Have a Baby Day!

Lets Have a Baby Day started on February 24th, 2012 bright and early in the am.  I was past due and headed into the hospital to be induced. Imagine our surprise when we woke up a white blanket outside. It was kind of funny because I have said since we became pregnant that it would snow the day I had Baby C. Sure enough it did! After we arrived at the hospital they started things moving but told us it would be late that night or early the next morning.  Sure enough they used their magic tools and were able to get to dilated to 4.5 cm by early evening and then we started with the petocin. After several hours of petocin, an epidural and having my water broken, things were moving along. I hit 6 cm and after that things started to go down hill. Baby C didn't want to drop down and on top if it all Baby C's heart rate would dip very low with every decent sized contraction that I would have. After trying about a million different options to try and make the baby more comfortable and not not succeeding, it was decided around 2 am that we would need a C-section to deliver Baby C safely.
So at 2:16 am, on February 25, 2012 our little bundle of Joy arrived! As I laid on the table shaking from all of the drugs that were running through my body and nervous and upset as could be because I was having a c-section......I finally hear the words we had been waiting to hear for a long 9 months...." Its a girl!"    As soon as they said that she was here I couldn't hold it together any more. Tears fell from my eyes and I suddenly didn't care at all that I was laying on a table cut open with my insides hanging out!I was a mom to a little baby girl!
No longer to we call our baby "Baby C" we will call her Hannah Joy Corbett!  She weighed in at 6lb and 7oz and was 19.5 inches long.  It was one of the longest most magical nights we have ever had and we are so grateful that she is here safe and sound and in our arms! 
I have a attached a few pics of "Lets Have a Baby Day"
What it looked like when we woke up!
Me walking into the hospital!




One proud Daddy!


Miss Hannah Joy!

1 comment:

  1. She is just gorgeous and what a blessed baby to have you as a momma! You are going to be great!

    ReplyDelete